New field underwriting guide offers expanded debit points
Aetna Advantage Plans for Individuals, Families and the Self-Employed
Effective immediately there is a new field underwriting guide for all states where Aetna Advantage Plans for Individuals, Families and the Self-Employed are sold.
A printable copy of the guide (by state) is located on Producer World.
- New application guidelines and check list before you submit applications
- Medications subject to decline
- Expanded debit points on select medical conditions
Important note: Some conditions are not listed in the field underwriting guide and may have to be assessed by an underwriter. Therefore an online prescreen is recommended to provide a preliminary rating estimate.
As a result of these changes, you should discard any old versions of the field underwriting guide and make sure you are using the most up-to-date information.
Did you know?
Submitting your clients’ applications online can significantly reduce the processing time. Online applications increase accuracy and prevent incomplete applications from being submitted.
Other benefits to having your clients apply online:
- You have the ability to track application status online
- Average turnaround time (TAT) for online applications is approximately 1 week
- Over 75% of all applications are completed in 10 days; over 80% of online applications are completed in 10 days
- Paper applications take longer to underwrite than online applications
- If medical records are requested, processing time will be delayed
Faster turnaround times can increase your client satisfaction, giving you the potential to increase your sales and enhance your client retention.
We’re here to help you sell!
Our National Broker Support Unit is ready to help you. Call 1-888-54-Aetna (1-888-542-3862). Broker Support Representatives are available Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm local time.